First by Anne and then by Shelley :-) Thanks ladies xx
They both have eleven questions to ask me, here's Anne's first.
1. Would you rather live in Svalbard or Papua New Guinea?
Papua New Guinea - I couldn't handle being that cold!
2. What is your favorite regional cuisine?
I love Indian food, so full of flavour!
3. If a genie granted you the requisite education and experience for one career change, what career would you choose?
Really hard to choose for this one, but either something to do with textiles/fabric or the study of animals, beetles in particular, I love beetles.
4. What is your favorite book?
The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly
5. If tomorrow you had to choose the last cross stitch pattern you could ever stitch, which one would you choose?
I'd choose a big one to keep me going for a while :-) sounds rather rude! Shores of Hawk Run Hollow.
6. What is your favorite season?
7. What is your favorite finishing technique?
I usually stitch smalls, so I think a flat ornament finish, like this one, is my favourite
8. What is your favorite band/musician?
Right now it's Lana Del Rey - can't get enough of her voice!
9. Describe your dream holiday.
Me and the family, little cottage somewhere in the scottish highlands, spending our days exploring the forests and beaches :-)
10. If you could instantly solve one problem that is plaguing the world today, which one would it be?
Famine, get everyone fed and then we can work everything else out.
11. Name two simple things that bring joy to your life.
My family and sewing.
And now Shelley's,
- If you were stranded on an island with one other person, who would you choose...Oprah Winfrey or Ellen DeGeneres? Ellen DeGeneres, I think she would be more capable/helpful :-)
- Which fabric do you prefer to stitch on...Aida or Evenweave? Evenweave, but I use aida too
- What is your favorite genre of movie and why? Comedy - love a good belly laugh
- Who is your favorite cross stitch designer? tough! Prairie Schooler or Lizzie Kate
- What kind of flooring do you like in your home...shag carpet, hard wood or stone? We have carpet and lino but I'd love to have wood floors.
- What kind of illumination do you use when stitching? I have a nifty little daylight anglepoise that clips onto my sewing table.
- What is the farthest you have traveled from home? Not far, I've never been out of the UK so about 400 miles.
- What is your favorite brand of specialty thread? I love Crescent Colours overdyed floss.
- How many languages do you speak? (Note: Klingon is a language!) I speak English and a little bit of French. I can swear and order beer in several more languages though :-)
- Do you stitch in hand or with the aide of a hoop, qsnap, stand, etc? I use a qsnap, I have a 6" set and an 8" set
- Do you believe in ghosts? No.
So there we go :-) I think I'm one of the last people to be tagged so I'm not going to pass this along to anyone in particular, but if you're reading this and you want to play along, please consider yourself tagged. You could pick either set of questions above, a mixture of the two or you could share eleven random facts about yourself. Or ten, or four - nobody's going to get cross if you just do four, it's only a bit of fun :-)